We hope your 2021 has been fabulous so far!
Anybody wanna testify? 😊
So today, we’re talking about the now popular term…. “Glow”
When you hear the word “Glow”, what comes to mind? 🤔
Textbook definition of Glow is “to shine” but this has taken a new toll in the world of beauty.
So whether it’s a cream, toner, foundation, highlighter, etc… the point of it is for your skin to emanate radiance, be without blemish, and basically sparkle and shine… “glow”.😉
Trying to up your glow game? We’re here for you
Here are various products to give your skin the glow you desire.
- Moisturize: Moisturizing the skin is one of the most important parts of a skincare regimen, it helps add moisture to your skin and prevents your skin from drying out, it soothes sensitive skin and if it contains SPF can protect your skin from sun rays.
So when should you moisturize?
Right after washing your face 😉 this is an important step to enhancing and glowing your skin. Research has shown that coconut oil is a good moisturizer. It is an antioxidant and anti-inflammatory product. To use, ensure that you are not wearing any makeup.
Here are a few of our favorite moisturizers for glowing skin (https://girlyessentials.com.ng/product-category/skincare/shop-by-product/face-creams-moisturizers/)
- Sunscreen: Using sunscreen with SPF of 15 or above can greatly improve your skin.
It doesn’t just protect your skin from harmful UV rays of the sun, it also helps to give you healthier, youthful skin.
Get your sunscreen here (https://girlyessentials.com.ng/product-category/personal-care/bath-body/sunscreen-bath-body/)
- Makeup Products: Is your skin not quite there yet?
Step up your makeup products and watch that worry go away.😊
As you probably know, Girly Essentials stocks the widest range of beauty products from Nigerian brands.
Here are a few beauty products to help you achieve that glow
- Liquid Highlighter: Highlighters do wonders for your skin, they blend in with your foundation and create a shimmering candescence to your skin.
- Foundation: Using the right foundation blends into your skin giving you a gorgeous finish, some of our faves are: T.W.O.K Flawless Filter Foundation, Black Opal Pore Perfecting Foundation, Revlon Colorstay Makeup Liquid Foundation, and Maybelline Fit Me Matte Poreless Foundation
Gushing already? That’s the idea 😉
HOW TO MAKE YOUR SKIN GLOW NATURALLY AT HOME
Below are processes you can take to grow your skin without the use of any products. Without further ado, let’s get right into it.
- Hydrate: This is a no-brainer right? yeah
As basic as it seems, taking appropriate glasses of water daily can do wonders for your skin.
Drinking at least 8 glasses of water can improve your skin tone and help you get rid of unwanted toxins.
Sis, drop that soda and drink more water today 😆
- Exfoliate: One of the surest ways to get that glow is by constant exfoliation, this process removes the outer layer of dead skin cells to reveal smoother and clearer skin.
There are various types of exfoliants, you have the physical exfoliants like face scrubs (https://girlyessentials.com.ng/product-category/skincare/shop-by-product/masks-scrubs/) and chemical exfoliants like toners (https://girlyessentials.com.ng/product-category/skincare/shop-by-product/toners/), oils (https://girlyessentials.com.ng/product-category/skincare/shop-by-product/facial-oils/) and peels.
- Eat Right: Yes girl, you need to eat right. This doesn’t just affect your skin but your body as a whole. Eat foods rich in fruits and vegetables which will aid in boosting vitamins and antioxidants in your body. Basically, eat to nourish your skin.
- Use of Aloe Vera: The importance of this plant cannot be over-emphasized. As an anti-oxidant, It is widely used in cosmetics and herbal supplements. The plant helps to keep the skin strong and healthy. To use naturally, it is recommended that you watch your face before you apply.
- Avoid smoking: Research has shown that can add years to your look. It causes the sagging of the skin. There are more than 3000 plus chemicals in tobacco, which weaken collagen and elastin.
- Chill: The last tip today is just to chill, and relax. Most times, that’s all your skin needs for you to get your desired glow, the world is stressful enough, so take some time to relax, if you’ve noticed, your skin breaks out more when you’re stressed, so relaxing doesn’t just help your skin, but your overall well being.
Phew… That was quite something, right?
Having mentioned all these, they are what you need to make your skin glow. If you looking at the natural ways or the artificial way to glow your skin. The key point to all of this is to pay more attention to your skin, try not to leave anything to chance, and in case you’re confused about the right steps and products to use for your skin, consult a beauty expert.
Girly Essentials is your sure plug for the best quality and affordable Nigerian-owned makeup and skin care products that, visit our website www.girlyessentials.com.ng
Got questions? Ask away in the comment section below, we’re here for you.