Skin is the body’s largest organ, and as such, it absorbs everything you put on it. The more moisture your skin has, the better it is able to maintain its natural health and function.
Moisturizers help prevent dryness and irritation by locking in moisture and keeping your skin hydrated throughout the day. It improves the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles. It can also help reduce the appearance of pores and blemishes.
If you’re looking for the best moisturizer, you probably want to find one that works well with your skin type. There are so many moisturizers out there that it can be overwhelming. You might even feel like you need a new moisturizer every other day!
However, if you keep reading through this article, I promise I will help you pick out a moisturizer that is perfect for your skin type and will help keep your skin healthy for years to come!
REASONS WHY YOU SHOULD MOISTURIZE DAILY
Below are reasons why you should use a moisturizer on a regular basis:
- Get more sleep at night: Moisturizers go a long way in keeping your skin hydrated throughout the day. A good night’s rest helps improve overall health and helps prevent dryness from occurring overnight.
- Makes your makeup last longer: If you’re not using a moisturizer, then your makeup will probably flake off or cake up on your skin throughout the day. Especially if you wear foundation or powder before applying any type of BB cream or cushion foundation. Makeup that does not blend smoothly can also cause lines between your brows and eyes to become more prominent over time as well as age spots to develop more quickly.
- Makes your skin healthy and youthful: It’s a fact that skin needs to be moisturized for it to look healthy and youthful, but there are also many other benefits.
- Helps skin retain water: Moisturizing helps prevent dehydrated skin cells from dying off prematurely and leads to healthier and more even-toned skin. It also helps to prevent wrinkles and fine lines, as well as spots and blemishes.
- Help prevent dryness and irritation: Dry skin can lead to wrinkles, acne, and even eczema. If you have dry, sensitive, or irritated skin, you need to use a moisturizer every day. When using a moisturizer, apply it on a clean face after washing it with warm water.
HOW TO CHOOSE A MOISTURIZER FOR YOUR SKIN
The right product for your skin will depend on your skin type. The best way to find the right moisturizer is by listening to what other people say about their experience with it. Talk to friends and family who have tried it and ask them what they think.
A good place to start is reading reviews on websites like Amazon or CNET OR Girly Essentials. You may be surprised by how many people have given it high marks!
Below are some of the factors that you should consider before choosing one;
- The type of skin type you have: There are several different types of skin, and each type needs different kinds of moisturizers. You should also know if you have acne or acne scars, as these can be exacerbated by certain types of moisturizers.
- How much it will cost you: You want to find a moisturizer that is affordable and won’t break the bank, but also one that will provide you with the protection needed for your skin.
- Ingredients list: Some people are allergic to certain things found in certain products, so it’s important that you check them out before buying one (if possible). If something doesn’t seem right when trying it out on your skin, don’t use it!
There’s nothing like a good moisturizer to make your skin feel soft and smooth, but finding the right moisturizer for you can be tough.
We’ve put together a guide to help you choose the best moisturizer for your skin type.
Best Moisturizers for oily skin
Makeup artist KathleenLights (dermatologist) and founder of Skinneyderm, have some great tips for picking the best moisturizer for oily skin.
“Oily skin is caused by excess sebum production,” she says. “The sebum can clog the pores and cause acne, acne scars, and blackheads.”
Kathleen suggests choosing a moisturizer with an SPF (sun protection factor) of at least 15 to prevent irritation from the sun rays. She also suggests choosing one that contains antioxidants such as vitamins C and E, which can help combat free radicals that could damage your skin cells.
There are many types of moisturizers in the market today that claim they will help manage oily skin effectively. Some are designed specifically for oily skin while others are designed for dry or combination skin types as well.
Here are a few of our favorites:
1. Neutrogena Oil-Free Acne-Clear complexion Daily Face Wash
This face wash is formulated to cleanse and remove excess oil from your skin while helping prevent future breakouts with its unique formula of salicylic acid, sulfur, and tea tree oil. It also includes glycerin to help repair dryness and keep your face feeling soft all day.
2. Neutrogena Oil-Free Acne Facial Moisturizer Pink Grapefruit
Neutrogena facial moisturizer is a bottle of oil-free, pink grapefruit daily acne face moisturizer with 0.5% salicylic acid.
This facial moisturizer with a light grapefruit scent helps moisturize skin and prevent breakouts. It also has a lightweight texture that absorbs quickly to moisturize the skin without a greasy feel.
This facial moisturizer is formulated with salicylic acid acne medication, a proven ingredient to help treat acne. Neutrogena Oil-Free Acne Facial Moisturizer Pink Grapefruit is a water-based formula that is oil-free, non-greasy, and non-comedogenic, so it won’t clog pores. Check out Neutrogena products at the best price online in Nigeria
3. Aveeno Active Naturals Daily Moisturizing Lotion
This naturally nourishing, non-greasy lotion absorbs quickly and contains no added fragrance. The unique oatmeal formula locks in moisture to help prevent and protect dry skin, leaving your skin soft, smooth, and healthy-looking. Click Here to get this product.
4. Eucerin Advanced Repair Cream
Eucerin advanced repair cream has an advanced moisturizing formula that hydrates very dry skin and helps maintain its moisture balance. Check out the best Eucerin products at the Girly Essentials store.
BEST MOISTURIZERS FOR DRY SKIN
For those who have dry skin, using moisturizers can make a huge difference in how your skin feels and looks. But what are the best moisturizers for dry skin?
The answer is: that it depends on your specific needs. You should always look at the ingredients in a moisturizer before buying it because there are some ingredients that work very well for one person but not for another.
Dry skin can be caused by a number of factors, including aging, lack of hydration, and excessive sun exposure.
- MSmetics Moisture Bomb Intense Hydrating Moisturizer: This lightweight, non-greasy, non-comedogenic formula with hyaluronic acid doubles as a primer. It deeply nourishes the skin, and diminishes drabness, dryness, and the appearance of fine lines leaving the skin looking healthy and radiant all day long!
- Cetaphil Moisturizing Cream Very Dry Sensitive Skin: Cetaphil moisturizing cream provides immediate and long-lasting relief. This moisturizer leaves the skin feeling soft, smooth, and nourished. This is a very lightweight moisturizer that’s made with hydrating ingredients like glycerin and humectants like urea, which helps keep your skin hydrated without clogging pores.
- Skin By Zaron Skin Glow Therapy Moisturizing Body Lotion: Skin By Zaron Skin Glow Therapy Moisturizing Body Lotion is a lightweight, water-based, multi-tasking moisturizer, that feeds the skin by instantly infusing it with long-lasting moisture and active nutrients with a formula that is weightless, non-greasy, and suitable for all skin types. It also promotes essential hydration retention while helping to firm, brighten and shield skin from environmental elements. Click Here to get this product.
The best way to get the most out of your moisturizer is to choose one with your specific needs. There are so many different types of moisturizers in the market today that it can be hard to know which ones will work best for your particular skin type or concerns.